of Reformation and Transformation (SRT)
|Future S0Rs will run for 12 weeks from:
THE 2012 SRT WILL RUN FROM JUNE 11, 2012 - AUGUST 30, 2012
DTS: Jan 2012
"Be not conformed to this world but be ye TRANSFORMED by the renewing
of your mind."
"Oh turn back, each of you from his evil way and REFORM your ways
The School of Reformation and Transformation (SRT) introduces a radical Christian worldview in education and government. The intent of the SRT is to expose Christ as the underlying foundation of rightly understanding how to teach and learn any subject in a school curricula. An emphasis on reasoning rather than rote leaning is emphasized throughout the course. Students are encouraged to develop their own individual style of teaching as they learn to implement an analytically Biblical approach to learning.|
Daily/Weekly classes include:
- A Christian Philosophy and Methodology of Education
- An overview of the Hand of God in History from Adam to the present
- English Grammar and sentence analysis
- The Writing Road to Reading (includes spelling, reading and how to print)
- Christian principles of government and economics
- Practical steps to teaching Bible, History, Math, Science, and Literature( we study Amos Fortune, Free Man)
- Maps, timelines, essays and tests for each subject are used to give students a mastery of their subject.
- Key events, individuals, institutions and documents are used as research aids to teach reasoning instead of rote learning.
- Student presentations of their research and reasoning
- Application of lessons for different grade levels will be demonstrated by master teachers from Grades K-12+.
- Lesson plan and curriculum development
- International Guest speakers: Bill Burtness, Jim and Barbara Kilkenny, Suzanne Levy, Cindy Sheasby, Sophia Elago, Archie and Rome' Beukes will present their own application of Christian Education and Government.
- Weekly ministry at YWAM's Community Hope School and Beautiful Gate Daycare Center
Hosted at YWAM Namibia's 1000 hectare farm outside the capital city
of Windhoek the SRT introduces the Principle Approach to Education,
History and Government. The SRT enables teachers and students alike
to rebuild their "world view" in accordance with God's Word, laying
Biblical foundations for their homes, churches, schools and communities.
The SRT, is available to anyone who has a heart for Christian Education
and Discipling the Nations.
An application form can be found here.
WHEN? 2011 SOR: July 4 - Sept 22
base, Windhoek, Namibia
Pastors, Teachers, Students
areas of Christian Education will be covered. See them below.